Demonstrate your interest in a particular item by selecting from our list of Special Collections items, or choose a subject area from our general collections. Whatever you decide, Adopt a Book is a meaningful way to support the work of the Library, students, researchers and teaching staff.
Every Adopt a Book member receives a certificate, and we create a bookplate with your chosen text for the adopted item. Bookplates are a valuable and affordable way to:
- Mark and event:
- a birthday or other anniversary
- a marriage or partnership
- your own or a colleagues retirement
- Celebrate you graduation, or that of someone close to you
- Remember the life of a friend, relation or colleague
Details of the adoption are also added to the Online Register. Of course, you can participate anonymously if you prefer: the choice is yours.