Teach in China
British Council’s English Language Assistants China programme offers an inspiring opportunity; the chance to live and teach English in one of the world’s most fascinating and rapidly developing countries. Let your sense of adventure take you
on a journey to the ‘real China’.
We are looking for open-minded, mature, adaptable individuals who are ready for a challenge. As an English Language Assistant, you will support the teaching of English
and UK culture in a Chinese state school to classes of up to 50 students. China is home to one of the oldest languages in the world but you do not need to have a knowledge of Mandarin to apply.
Right from the word go you will have the opportunity to improve your language skills, learn about another education system and be immersed in a completely different culture. Your time in China as an English Language Assistant will be an experience that will make any recruiter sit up and take note upon your return.
What is involved?
• You will attend a two week compulsory TEFL training course in China in mid-August
• You will teach and live in China for 10 months (September – June)
• You will be contracted for approximately 20 hours teaching time a week and receive a local salary of between 3,000 - 4,500 RMB per month
• You will receive free accommodation for the duration of your employment and be reimbursed for your return flights to China
• A placement fee of £80 is payable once you have been accepted onto the programme.
Are you eligible? • You do not need to have any previous
• You must have a UK or other EU member state passport
• You need to be a native-level English speaker with a degree (of any discipline) and secondary education in the UK
• You need to be able to cope with conditions very different to those in the UK
• Further eligibility criteria on our website. English Language Assistants
T 0161 957 7755
Apply online at: www.britishcouncil.org/languageassistants
British Council English Language Assistants
Deadline: 28 February