The British Council is launching a new internship programme in China for students from England and Northern Ireland It is just hot off the press!
INTERNSHIPS IN CHINA SUZHOU INDUSTRIAL PARK
WORK AS AN INTERN IN CHINA!
- Want an experience of a lifetime?
- Want to experience Chinese culture first hand?
- Want to gain valuable international work experience?
- Want to enhance your employability?
- Flexible and adaptable?
British Council is launching an exciting new programme for highly motivated students to work as interns in China for up to 1 year starting September 2013.
What is it about?
- internships for 6 to 12 months from September 2013 to August 2014
- 5 students from Northern Ireland and 15 students from England will be recruited
- Students will apply directly to opportunities which will be advertised on the Chinese coordinating partner’s website and the interviews will be coordinated by British Council
Where will you go?
Suzhou Industrial Park in China. The 2500-year-old tourist city of Suzhou lies in the lower reaches of the Yangtze approximately 50 miles west of Shanghai. It has been officially declared part of "the coastal economic open zone of the Yangtze Delta". Comprehensive industrial system has taken shape and there has been tremendous expansion in foreign trade and international economic co-operation. Suzhou has currently sister cities in Italy, Canada, Japan and the US.
What will you gain?
The prime aim is to provide students with an opportunity to live and work in China for an extended period of time, developing an awareness of the culture and language and gaining invaluable professional skills, knowledge and experience that will enhance their employability within a globally mobile workforce. Such initiatives are welcomed by employers in the UK who are looking for well-rounded trainees with some life experience and an awareness of the world around them.
What will you do?
The internships are varied. Below are examples of what is on offer:
- teaching English at International Primary School and Kindergarten
- Marketing Coordinator
- Management Trainee
- Hotel Service
What will you get?
- monthly stipend of RMB2500 to RMB6000 (£250 to £600 approximately) – details given in advertisements
- accommodation during internship – details given in advertisements
- pre-departure and in-country briefings wherever possible
- free mandatory weekly Mandarin languages classes
- support from British Council throughout your placement and an English-speaking mentor from your host company
How much will it cost?
You will be expected to meet the costs of:
- Return flight to China
- Private insurance
- Pocket money on arrival
However, the following costs will be reimbursed to you:
- Chinese visa
- UK and secondary (in-China) medical examinations
Who can apply?
Full time students at an English or Northern Irish University or Higher/Further Education college completing:
- Undergraduate Degree
- Nursing Diploma
- Foundation Degree
Are you interested and eligible? Then do not delay and contact me at email@example.com
Post a Comment