AMER30471: Beyond the Sixties: Histories of Postwar Activism
* Martha Biondi, The Black Revolution on Campus (Berkeley: University of California Press, 2012)
* Michael Foley, Front Porch Politics: The Forgotten Heyday of American Activism in the 1970s and 1980s (New York, 2013)
* Stephanie Gilmore, Groundswell: Grassroots Feminist Activism in Postwar America (New York, 2012)
* Matthew Levin, Cold War University: Madison and the New Left in the Sixties (Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 2013).
* Daniel Matlin, ‘Review Essay: Radicalism and Social Movements in Post-war American History,’ Historical Journal 55 1 (2012): 263-75
* Adam Rome, ‘“Give Earth a Chance”: The Environmental Movement and the Sixties,’ Journal of American History 90 (Sept., 2003): 525-554.
* Katherine Turk, ‘Out of the Revolution, into the Mainstream: Employment Activism in the NOW Sears Campaign and the Growing Pains of Liberal Feminism,’ Journal of American History (2010): 399-423.
Sam Jones l English Literature, American Studies and Creative Writing Programmes Administrator|
The School of Arts, Languages & Cultures l Room W113 Samuel Alexander Building |The University of Manchester |Oxford Road Manchester, M13 9PL | Tel. +44 (0) 161 275 8590|